Tuesday 4 January 2011

Adventure #1 Musée Carnavalet



Unsurprisingly, one of the biggest gripes about living in Paris is that it's expensive which is all the more reason for celebrating the awesome Musée Carnavalet as it's completely free, hoorah! Thinking that I was going to one of the city's smaller museums I was amazed at the sheer amount of stuff that there is to be seen here. Documenting the history of Paris, in a round-about way, the museum takes you from rustic rooms of medieval artefacts through the opulent 18th century and its bloody revolution, to 20th century paintings of café life. I can't claim to know much about the history of...well anything really...but the museum does a good job of bringing to life the city during different eras, particularly through the huge range of paintings on display. Giving a good overview of the history of the city, it left me wanting to find out more...I'll add it to my list of things to do in 2011...


No comments:

Post a Comment